Environmentally Compatible and Market-Led Integrated Crop Production
Donors / Sponsors :
Food and Agriculture Organization
Geographical Coverage :
Fateh Jang, District Attock
- Promotion of main Rabbi & Kharif crops, livestock and fisheries that are the important sources of livelihoods.
- On-farm capacity building of the growers
- Enhancement of environmentally compatible and market-led produce.
- To keep-up growers self-reliance in food quality, quantity and security
Proposed Activities :
- Community dialogue and social mobilization
- Stakeholders’ identification, dialogue and inputs.
- Determine the initial situation of the area by collecting baseline information.
- Preparation of the inception report of the project
- Selection of main Rabbi & Kharif crops and identification of interested group of farmers willing to join the project activities.
- Preparation of the inventory of existing methods of farming.
- Development of curricula and teaching methodology for the participating growers.
- Establishment of the project Field Office
- Organization of the workshops in each of the UC
- Organizing Farmer Field Schools (FFSs) in each of 3 UCs
- Documentation and video production of each of the FFSs
- Preparation of the season-long production management and planning chart for each UC based upon the steps from preparation of the land to harvesting of the crops and then marketing the produce.
- Identification of new market channels and linking the growers with these market channels.
- Preparing brochures and banners
- Reporting and documentation
- Monitoring and evaluation for quality control
- Enhancement of the crops’ yield to almost double compared with pre-project implementation
- Capacity of the 500 growers in each UC would have been built
- Farm-based crop management Training Manuals consisting of different Training Modules would be available.
- The use of chemical pesticides will gradually be reduced up to 90%.
- At least 2-3 water dams would have been built in each UC.
- Crops, livestock & fishery production and management would have been improved.
- Strengthened market mechanism (demand & supply) would have been established.
2016 Copyright ECI-Networks All rights are reserved.
Conserving Natural Resource Base and Promoting Human Development through Sharing Knowledge, Exchanging Practices and Co-creating Future