Advocacy for Women Empowerment in Sindh
Module based Training for Master Trainers and Training of Trainees in Legal and Socio-Economic Empowerment of Women
- Module on economic will be developed within 1 month.
- Module on legal empowerment will be developed within 1 month.
- Field work / 64 trainings (62 on socio-economic and 2 on TOTs will be completed within 04 months.
Donors / Sponsors :
Directorate of Women Development / Women Development Department, Government of Sindh.
Geographical Coverage :
Objectives of the Project :
- To promote women empowerment and capacity building of the master trainers and trainees based on project objectives
- Development of training modules on economic and legal empowerment
- To promote skill-based income resources by training women and thereby empower them with the knowledge of their selves and to strengthen their position to make them one of the earning members of the households and communities.
- Overcome the mental pressure on women’s mind of male dominancy
- Compilation of the Report
Core Methodology :
The training modules on legal and socio-economic empowerment will be designed to prepare trainers who already have skills as reproductive trainers to proceed to a higher level of training implementation. These modules would prepare them to conduct a training needs assessment, develop detailed plans for training, develop and pilot test a training curriculum, conduct training using more advanced training techniques, conduct training follow up and evaluate training. The modules will be designed in a way that that the trainers and trainees are equally involved in the learning process. Sessions would include simulation skills practice, discussions, case studies, role plays, and objective knowledge, attitude, and skills checklists. Included in the module will be is a set of participant handouts, training tests, trainer’s tools and Competency-Based Training (CBT) skills checklists.
Key Activities to be carried out :
- Discussions with DWD/WDD to seek relevant background information
- Designing the training instruments
- Selection of participants through set criteria
- Selection of venues in each district
- Carrying out training programs
- Stakeholders’ identification and consultation
- Consult relevant secondary data
- Development of modules on economic and legal empowerment
- Preparation of draft report
- Organization of stakeholders’ sensitization meetings
- Preparation and submission of final report along with Modules
The Topics of the Modules to be covered :
For Legal Empowerment
- Present situation of women in country, province and districts
- National and International Commitments
- UN Convention on CEDAW,CRC, Industrial relations, Labour policies, Bonded Labour and its practices inPakistan
- Registration of women victims, procedure of launching FIR
- Counseling of women victims
- Awareness about under process and passed Ordinances and Bills
- Situation analysis
For Economic Empowerment
- Definition of Poverty / poverty line
- Poverty eradication programs
- Preparation of Business plan
- Maintenance of Accounts
- Case study of successful Entrepreneur
- Life history of successful Entrepreneur
- Working of Banking sectors
- Micro Credit Loan
- Trade Development
- Income generation plan
The Advantages of Module:
- The module will provide flexibility in planning, conducting, and evaluating the training course.
- The module will allow trainers to formulate their own training schedule based on results from the training needs assessments.
- The module will be adapted for different cultures by reviewing case studies and using only the ones that are appropriate. Additional case studies of legal and economic empowerment will be devised based on local statistics, cultural practices and social traditions.
- To foster changes in behavior, learning experiences have to be in the areas of knowledge, attitude and skills. In this advanced training, general and specific objectives are presented in terms of achievable changes in the target areas.
- Training references and resource materials for trainers and participants will be identified.
||No. of Districts/Towns to be covered at parallel
||No. of Trainings
31 Trainings in Legal Empowerment, 31 in Socio-economic Empowerment,
1 Training of TOT for Legal and 1 for Socio-Economic.
- Development of training modules on legal empowerment
- Development of training modules on economic empowerment
- Capacity building of the beneficiaries
- Organization of 62 trainings in 22 districts and towns
- Technical and professional assistance to DWD/WDD
- Submission of project completion report